[triadtechtalk] Re: Running out of stones to overturn. (Still Slow)

  • From: "Richard Matthew" <modelworker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 15:32:29 -0700

> The links don't work...? or "the suggested tips in the
> links don't work" ???
>
> I gather it's the 2nd., correct?

Yes, correct. Sorry.

> When you buy a HDD nowadays, they inlude a big chart
> and a floppy that tells you how to do the whole thing,
> i.e., reinstalling/ghosting your HDD's content to the
> new one.
>
> Prices are dirt cheap on them, too.
>
> Being that you bought a DHELL, were you given a OEM
> Windows XP CD?
>
> Or were you given a "Recovery" CD?

It's not like the old Win 95-98 CDs. It's got the Dell logo on it. It's
called "Reinstallation CD Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition." It also has
Computer. This CD is not for reinstallation of programs or drivers. For
distribution only with a new Dell computer." I have the Works Suite CDs,
another with the Dell installed programs, and, finally, one for
"reinstalling device drivers and using diagnostics, utilities and online
documentation"...It says.

That sounds better than a "recovery CD" doesn't it???

> If not, let me know and I'll try to hold your hand ;)
> while you re-install XP(LOL).

*I'm* not laughing! A little jittery, though.

> It's real easy, one way or the other. You just gotta
> get DHELL to assist in the Windows XP CD issue, for a
> recovery CD involves an image that is now present in
> your HDD, whereas a OEM Windows XP CD you just properly
> set the jumpers on the HDDs, perhaps change the BIOS so
> that you can boot from the CD drive first and then you
> just follow the instructions. With all the nos. &
> license and registration info you should have no
> problem reinstalling.
>
> Donna (list owner)is an expert at reinstalling XP and
> so is Chuck. <GRIN>. Even our friend "over-the-pond in
> Australia" should be an expert at XP. (LOL here)

So if I pay somebody's airfare.............; -}

> We''ll get you over the hump, Richard, whatever your
> decision turns out to be.

Honestlly. What do you think I should do. A new HDD I can afford, especially
if I do the work myself and don't blow everything up.

Infinite thanks,

Richard