[triadtechtalk] Re: Portable Program Question

  • From: armando barreiro <armandobarreiro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2012 05:12:19 -0700 (PDT)

OOPS!, forgot to state that MS will never be able to sell me *, therefor, I'll
never be able to help much with it, though Google will tell us what it is that
is wrong and how to overcome the problem that 8 will continue to have and be
vulnerable to. That's Windows, right?

Every some Tuesday of the month they issue some patches, don't they?, but NEVER
all of them.

armando

                  From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>

                  To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                  Date: Friday, June 1, 2012, 1:01 PM

                     Armando,

                              I didn't mean to convey that the listing I
                              posted is things I have on my computer; it
                              was just a list of programs that install
                              tool bars.

                              It could be used by anyone was wondering
                              if a particular programs bundled a tool
                              bar with it.

                              Fortunately I did a quick view of the
                              items on the list and don't have any of
                              them!

                              I had used AVG for a number of years, but
                              I switched to Avira a while ago (I think
                              you recommended it at that time)

                              After you had mentioned Microsoft

                          Security Essential in a posting a few weeks
                          ago I did installed it.

                          I kept Avira and switch
                              between the two deactivation the other
                              while using one of them at a time to
                              evaluate.

                              Then I saw a review of all the free anti
                              virus programs for 2012 and AVG was on the
                              top again.

                              Fondly remembering AVG, I then kept
                              Microsoft Security Essentials deactivated,
                              deleted Avira, and started using AVG.

                              I had since noticed that in the Windows
                              Secrets Newsletter • Issue 326 •
                              2012-02-16, Is your free AV tool a
                              ‘resource pig?’

                              Fred Langa personally recommends MSE. (
                                http://tinyurl.com/6wd6wj2
                                )

                              He said in the posting:

                                      "For me — for now — nothing in
                                  these numbers would alter my
                                  recommendation — and personal use — of
                                  Microsoft Security Essentials."

                                I still have MSE installed, but it is
                              inactive and

                          only use if needed. Both of them are much
                              easier to use than Avira.

                      Since I can only keep AVG inactive until
                          the next boot, I don't want to switch MSE unless
                          you think there is a big difference in the two.

                            Your advise
                                      would be appreciated.

                                      Brian

                            ==================

                      On 6/1/2012 1:55 AM, armando barreiro wrote:

                              Re
                                list of installed stuff, a quick browse
                                over the list you submitted leads me to
                                think that there are things installed
                                that you don't need.

                                In the first place, I use but Microsoft
                                Security Essentials only, though I did
                                install McAfee's links security advisor
                                toolbar. No need for Zone Alarm, IMO, at
                                all.

                                To check your list of stuff see
<http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm>

                                Best wishes,