[triadtechtalk] Re: POP UP STOPPER + Quoting E-mail addies

  • From: "grps2004" <grps2004@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:38:58 +1000

Hi Sandy,

Perhaps you'd like to have a look at WebWasher.
I have been using it for years.  It is highly configurable,
e.g. you have many choices of what you want to filter
out and you can switch some filters off, exit it, turn it to "offline"
(for instance when reading your OE mail while being online
and you don't want the sender to see that you've read the
message) all with one click. It comes with a help file and
this  page explains in even more details how to use it
http://www.pacificnet.net/~bbruce/the_url_filter.htm
You may need to exit it when going to MS Updates. I am very
happy with it.  I had a look at Proxomitron which claims
WebWasher is sloppily written, but it seemed far too complicated
for me.

On another note may I ask all of you not to quote my
e-mail addie in the body of any of your messages as the
whole wide world can see it and harvest our addresses.
I got so annoyed with the few spam mails I received
that I went to a lot of trouble  and expense to change my address.
(My ISP doesn't make this easy)

Hope this doesn't annoy

Regards
Elisabeth