[triadtechtalk] POP UP STOPPER

  • From: "Sandy O'Neill" <muruagogo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 22:06:14 +1100

Another question for you:
I have Panicware's Pop Up Stopper Free Edition installed and it works well -
running in the background (I think is the expression). However, occasionally I
want to disable it when I want certain windows to pop up (ie when shopping).
Even though I know it is working, it should have a little white hand icon down
in the system tray, which it does not. If I go to Start, Programmes and try and
access it from there, a little box pops up (how ironic) and tells me to right
click the white hand in the system tray to access the options!!
My question is twofold:
1) How can I disable the programme when I want to (I suspect you might say
uninstall and reinstall), and
2) Why does the programme not show up in my Task Manager as an application
(thinking I could go there to close it)?
Thanks,
Sandy :)