[triadtechtalk] OTF

  • From: Howard <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:35:18 -0400

Subject: Meeting Osama bin Laden

I have a ethical and moral question for you.

This is an imaginary situation, but I think it is fun to decide
what one would do.

The situation:    You are in the Middle East, and there is a huge
flood in progress.  Many homes have been lost, water supplies
compromised and structures destroyed.  Let's say that you're a
photographer and getting still photos for a news service,
traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes.

You come across Osama Bin Laden who has been swept away by the
floodwaters.  He is barely hanging on to a tree limb and is about
to go under.  You can either put down your camera and save him, or
take a Pulitzer Prize winning photograph of him as he loses his
grip on the limb.  So, here's the question and think carefully
before you answer the question below:

Which lens and shutter speed would you use?