[triadtechtalk] OT Friday

  • From: Armando Barreiro <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:07:57 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Handy Cleaning Tips
(from my friend Rebecca)

Dirt Layers of dirty film on windows and screens provide a helpful filter
against harmful and aging rays from the sun. Call it an SPF factor of 15 and
leave it alone.

Cobwebs Artfully draped over lampshades reduce the glare from the bulb, thereby
creating a romantic atmosphere. If someone points out that the light fixtures
need dusting, simply look confused and exclaim "What?  And spoil the mood?"
(Or just throw glitter on them &call them holiday decorations.)

Pet Hair Explain the mound of pet hair brushed up against the doorways by
claiming you are collecting it there to use for stuffing hand-sewn play animals
for underprivileged children.
(Also keeps out cold drafts in winter.)

Guests If unexpected company is coming, pile everything unsightly into one room
and close the door.
As you show your guests through your tidy home, rattle the doorknob vigorously,
fake a growl and say, "I'd love you to see our den, but Fluffy hates to be
disturbed and the shots are SO expensive."

Dusting If dust is REALLY out of control, simply place a showy urn on the
coffee table and insist that "This is where Grandma wanted us to scatter her
ashes."

General Cleaning Mix one-quarter cup pine-scented household cleaner with four
cups of water in a spray bottle.
Mist the air lightly.
Leave dampened rags in conspicuous locations.
Develop an exhausted look, throw yourself on the couch and sigh, "I clean and I
clean and I still don't get anywhere."

As a last resort, light the oven, throw a teaspoon of cinnamon in a pie pan,
turn off oven and explain that you have been baking cookies for a bake sale for
a favorite charity and haven't had time to clean...
Works every time.

Another favorite, I think from Erma Bombeck - always keep several get well
cards on the mantle so if unexpected guests arrive, you can say you've been
sick and unable to clean.