[triadtechtalk] Re: Note pad

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 14:07:26 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Donnymacco
  Hi All

  I have Win XP Home and suddenly whenever I start the computer note pad
appears and I have to get rid of it.
  Is there a way to stop it starting until I want to use it please?

  Thank you

  Don Mackey

  Hi Don ... easiest way is to do a search for     startup     on your C drive.
You will probably get 4-5 responses  ...  look for the ones in the C:\Documents
and settings \.....    folder. Double click on the file    startup   and see if
 Notepad is in there. If so, highlight it and delete it. You may need to do
that in more than one of those files. If not there, repost, and I will tell you
how to open    msconfig   to see if it somehow got in there.

  Howard