[triadtechtalk] Re: New Computer/ Win7 Upgrade

  • From: brian <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:30:21 -0600

Bodi,

I just discovered a wonderful Microsoft site that has loads of information about the Win7 upgrade process.

It is the site I used to ordered my copy of Win7 and to use to check the status of my order.

https://ebiz3.mentormediacorp.com/Query/%28S%285tfhog55oud4qm55xaasftbk%29%29/faqs.aspx

I is also provides a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section in the middle of the test section.

There are three expandable sections under these headings:
General
Order, Billing and Shipment
Upgrade Kit and Technical Support

For example, open General and you will see headings like these:
What is the purpose of the Windows 7 Upgrade Program?
How do I know if I am qualified for the Windows 7 Upgrade Program?
Which edition of Microsoft Windows Vista is eligible to upgrade to Windows 7?
What is the cost for the upgrade?

Then if you open, How do I know if I am qualified for the Windows 7 Upgrade Program?
You will see this:
Which edition of Microsoft Windows Vista is eligible to upgrade to Windows 7? The eligible upgrade paths from Windows Vista to Windows 7: (1) Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium (2) Windows Vista Business to Windows 7 Professional (3) Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimate

Take a look there it has a lot of information based on the questions every day people had about the process.

This should answer a lot of and questions you have.

BRIAN