[triadtechtalk] Re: Is this a virus

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:22:04 EST

In a message dated 2/11/2004 12:33:46 PM Central Standard Time,
jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK I ran housecall. It didn't find anything.
When you open regfile\shell\open\command  just  what is it suppose to read?
When I open the shell folder It has Bypass Script Sentry I  open that file
and it reads,  &Bypass Script Sentery. Do any of you  have that?

do a property check of the folder and files... see if it identifies it to a
company name... or is a MS file.. if not... move the folder to a holding area
such as your recycle bin for a few days and see what happens..... as to the
registry entry export that entry ... and then if your pc operates fine on all
programs dump them.....one thing most are not aware of when comes to the
worm/trojan cleaners is that many times there are residual files left behind on

your system as the names of parts of the worm are changerd near every day as
they are passed around.... this is so that the cleaners wont clean them off
without constant updates..... nd today you may use it but it has names form a
couple days ago and some of the files you may have been hit with are already
newer names..... and the "new" may be just a number added or one letter added
so  the cleaner doesnt pick it up....I make a visble read of all my windows
system  files every couple of days even tho I have both Trend av and panda av
on
my  surfig box. I also use adaware; spybots&d; hijackthis; The Cleaner; and
also Regsupreme, and registry mechanic...... and with all togehter they do not
 pick up everything of the worms and torjans that abound on the web.... some
of  the files in those worms and trojans are actually installed by legit
companies  when you install their software... good example is Logitec;AOL;
Creative; Real Player and many other big name companies..... loads of  spyware
call
home stuff that uses the exact same files as those wroms and  trojans....dll
files.... but just have differnet data in them relating to their  company and
not the trash sites.....so consequnetly they arent picked up....and  they stuff
those crazy reg entries that show up as worm or virus file entries as
detected by adaware........sorry state of affairs one has to learn about to
correct
them.......... chuck...in Ok