[triadtechtalk] Re: Dual Boot Menu Don't Work!

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:45:42 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

-------Original Message-------

From: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, October 27, 2003 03:29:28 PM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: Dual Boot Menu Don't Work!

Howard....You need NTLDR ( no extension) bootsect.dos, ntdetct.dos, not sure
about any others...... your best bet may be to reinstall but chose repair.
instead of a clean install?
you might also run the install the recovery console form the XP CD..then run
fixmbr when you boot to it..I can send you those files off-list if you wish.
not sure if that'' work, but....
HTH,
Bruce
beddy1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Bruce and Armando for the help. Unfortunately, all those progs assume
I can access XP and they can't be used from win98se. I am stuck in 98 which
is on FAT 32 and can't even see the XP partition which is NTFS. I have tried
a lot of backups, but none had complete files I needed to reboot. I had the
boot.ini file which gave me the boot menu, but XP wouldn't work. I'm about
out of options, so I"ll probably format. If you don't hear from me for a few
days. you will know what happened.       Thanks again ...

Howard