[triadtechtalk] Re: Computer running

  • From: "GASCON, VICTOR" <VGASCON@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:07:05 -0400

Juanita,

In the old days, it was wise to leave computers on all the time because
the wear and tear on re-starting hard drives was very damaging to those
devices. However, in modern PCs that is no longer the case. I was one of
those that left my PC on for weeks at a time without rebooting or
shutting down. However, I now turn my machine off at night. This saves
money in wasted energy and preserves your PC components by minimizing
the effect of heat and dust build-up.

-= Victor =-