[tor] Re: On the hunt for good colocation

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:03:06 +0100

Hi Peter,

Yes, I have looked at Leaseweb. The problem with most ISPs really is
that most of them say it's okay to run an exit, and only later start to
make problems. But, of course, when the testing period includes travel
to another country and investing more than $200 a month, I will want to
make as sure as possible that it'll work out. I'm confident that Ecatel
is a good player with this.

Also, if you look at Leasewebs offers, their largest "XL" colocation
package starting at 140 Euro includes only 6TB of traffic per month -
which is less than we do daily (!). We really need a high bandwidth
provider, and there's only a few affordable ones. 100tb is doing a heavy
mixed calculation, and once you rent real rackspace with real dedicated
lines, you're not part of any mixed calculation any more.

Moritz