[tor] Re: Leaseweb is offering 100TB servers

  • From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 08:54:09 +0200

On 5/28/11 7:59 PM, Andrew Lewis wrote:
> I was shopping around and saw that leaseweb has a 100TB server line now, with
> prices that seem to beat out 100tb.com.
>

> It was 139 Euros for a server with 100TB's of bandwidth. Maybe a place to
> spin up some new nodes? I know that People already run tor servers via
> leaseweb, so hopefully it shouldn't be a big deal. Only downside is that they
> use the "volume" network, which looks like it might not have the fastest
> international transfer rates, but is super fast inside the Netherlands.

It's interesting to notice also a possibile different approach:
https://www.server4you.net/vserver/vserver-vergleich.php?products=0,1,2,3

Server4you smallest VPS cost 8.85EUR/month and allow 5TB/traffic per
month on a 100Mbit/s connection.

That means that to do 100TB/month it will require 20 VPS for a cost of
177EUR/month.

So, leaseweb cost 1.39EUR/TB/month while server4you would cost
1.77EUR/TB/month but having 20 servers instead of one big server.

Probably registering as a reseller and going up with volumes it would be
possible to get a discount.

I am going to move my server from hetzner (7EUR for 1TB/month) to
server4you (8.85EUR/for 5TB/month) as it sounds much cheaper bandwidth
costs.

-naif