[tor] Re: Leaseweb is offering 100TB servers

Hi,

Yeah, I actually tweeted (sorry) the announcement of their 100TB line
and asked support about Tor. They're not explicitly against Tor, but
they said they would shut it down if it causes too much trouble.

Quote AUP:
"This service is a special limited-time offering by LeaseWeb and may be
cancelled, modified, or withdrawn at any time, after 14 days written
notice emailed to the Customer."

Also, you have to be aware that 100TB isn't the same everywhere.
Leaseweb counts BOTH incoming and outgoing, while 100tb.com and eg.
nforce only count one direction. Effectively, for Tor, that means half
the bandwidth.

In my personal opinion, it is probably well suited for a middle node or
limited exit, but cannot "survive" a full exit like we run at NForce.

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/