[tor] Re: FDCServers (Fwd: Re: 1Gbit Hosting in EU)

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:23:19 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [#] 1Gbit Hosting in EU
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 09:19:43 -0600
From: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Moritz,

Further than legal responsibilities enforced by law, there are several
other responsibilities & limitations enforced by private agreements that
most ISPs have with 3rd parties (i.e upstreams). We do not confirm or
decline we have signed agreements with such
responsibilities/limitations, but you or your lawyer simply cannot know
that and that's why we have our own consultants about these cases.

Additionally, if you're not capable to take proactive measures and stop
abuse from being repeated, especially since you expect your service to
be used for spamming activities (even indirectly), then it's not
recommended to host your service to our network. You can do it at your
own risk but if we receive repeated abuse reports, service may be
terminated.

Regarding SWIP, we currently only use RWHOIS for several reasons. Even
if we switch to SWIP sometime in future, abuse contact will continue to
be set to our abuse e-mail per our attorney's advise. So that wouldn't
make any difference to you regarding abuse reports, as we would still
receive them, forward them to you and expect proper actions to be taken
similarly with RWHOIS.

Thank you.

--
Network Security Administrator