[tor] Re: Abuse ...

  • From: Moritz Bartl <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:03:58 +0200

Hi,

I haven't heard back from Softlayer or 100TB yet. Unless they agree to
keep forwarding large amounts of abuse mail, I think we will have to
either look for a different ISP (feel free to suggest or contact some),
or to bite the apple and only allow well-known ports.

Personally, I think it's more important to provide people uncensored
access to the web than to give up this fast node. Once we manage to get
us listed as abuse-mailbox in WHOIS, we can then reenable other ports.

I have updated the policy of two of the four nodes to only allow ports
20-22,53, 79-81, 110 , 143 , 443 , 706 , 873 , 993 , 995 ,8008 , 8080,
8888 as suggested by the entry in our Wiki.

What do you think? In the end it's not my decision to make, but yours as
donators.

Moritz Bartl