[tor] Abuse ...

  • From: Moritz Bartl <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:43:39 +0200

Hi,

Softlayer disabled our server due to to a DMCA complaint. I have issued
a DMCA Counter Notification, and hopefully it'll be back online soon.

According to 100tb.com, they have received 25 abuse complaints so far
(of which it seems only few have been forwarded to me...).
Unfortunately, they - not Softlayer as their data center - state that if
the number of abuse complaints is not reduced, they will terminate my
account. I knew that even though I asked specifically for abuse handling
it could come to this, but I have to try and convince them to not do that.

I sent them a lengthy statement again about Tor etc, all we can do now
is wait and hope for the best.

Moritz