[torontocbm] Re: Toronto PET Users Group April 19 2012

  • From: Steve Gray <sjgray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

It was interesting to watch those old shows again after all these year. I
vaguely remember watching them at the time but seeing them now knowing how far
we've come (well, some of use are still stuck in time) was a little weird.
Anyway, I was happy to archive them.

I made about 13 sets. Thanks to all that picked them up, and thanks to those
that donated a little extra. Not required, but still appreciated.  I have 3
sets that I am mailing out to various people and hope to get those out by mid
next week. For those that couldn't make the meeting please email me when you
plan to attend a meeting and I will bring your set with me. If anyone still
wants a set I might be persuaded to make a few more ;-) If anyone somehow got a
bad disc let me know and I'll replace it.

Steve

>________________________________

Bytes a couple of years ago but he didn't think my tapes of The Academy and
B&B II were good enough; I'm happy to see that you managed to transfer them,
and the parts I've looked at don't look too bad at all.

>It's also nice that you kept the Academy shows
together with the respective B&B shows that they followed and refer to,
instead of putting them on a separate disk.

>Nice work, and thanks again! Fond memories of
working with Jim B, Luba and Billy on those shows...

>As far as putting them "out there", I don't know
what the copyright status would be or, more to the point, if anybody would
complain. I see that TVO have put several episodes up on their archive
site; maybe we should ask them to make them all public...

>mike

  years old, so the quality is not great in some
  parts.

>>From:Leif Bloomquist <leif@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Subject:[torontocbm] Toronto PET Users Group April 19 2012
>>>The next TPUG meeting is Thursday, April 19th 2012 at  7:30 PM.
>>>
>>>This month will be a hands-on with the EASYFLASH 3
    cartridge, assuming
>>>I get mine by then!
>>>
>>>As demonstrated at the
    World of Commodore 2011 by Jim Brain, the
>>>EASYFLASH 3 is reflashable, can
    emulate many kinds of carts, and now
>>>can also replace the C64's kernal -
    no desoldering or wires required.

    ( http://www.tpug.ca/ ).   Click on
>>>"Meetings" on the left menu.
>>>
>>>There is also a
    section on the TPUG forums
>>>(http://www.tpug.ca/forums/) dedicated to discussing the  meetings,
>>>please sign up and join the
    discussions.

  version of virus signature database 7067 (20120418) __________

>>The
  message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.