[torontocbm] Re: Raspberry Pi's

  • From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 16:15:36 -0500

the wireless keyboard/mouse kit is available at factory direct, I purchased it
for $16.00 at the time with a coupon,
the netgear N150 was 9.99 (no coupon required)

today I purchased two Tenda W311m wireless usb cards ( tiny, and on the list of
compatible wifi usb devices. ( same chipset as the W311u )  this was only 9.99
(with a printable coupon)
purchased two of those for my remaining raspberry pi's.

will run them headless,  downloaded learn.adafruit.com  raspi distro specially
formulated for hardware hacking ( I2C, ISP, Uart, GPIO) all enabled in
hardware.  check it out.
awesome article on painting with light ( on the front page of
www.rasbperrypi.org   :)  really happy with these tenda w311m tiny usb sticks.
:) seem to work well with the wireless keyboard and mouse
kit mentioned abouve... the Genious Slimstar 8000 :) good times :)

so factory direct has em, call the store your closest too, if it says almost
out of stock, they can verify stock, and suggest a store where they have them :)

cheers. :)