[torontocbm] Re: RF Shield on C128

  • From: Jeff Bourdeau <jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:49:18 -0400

I would grab my dremel and other tools and find a CREATIVE way to make the shield and jiffyDOS to coexist in the same computer...that has been the way I take care of any mod I have done myself

Jeff Bourdeau (jeffobourdeau@xxxxxxxxx, Sent while mobile!)

Will do.
From: Daniel Kovacs <danielkovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [torontocbm] RF Shield on C128
To: "Toronto CBM" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Everyone;

I just installed Jiffydos in my C128 and was wondering how important the RF sheild is? It looks like the sheild is also meant to act as a heatsink as well. Do the chips heat up that much in a C128 to require that?

Dan