[torontocbm] Re: Questions for the TPUG Board

  • From: "Ian Colquhoun" <icolquhoun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:29:27 -0400

Ok guys, I truly am not trying to get under anybody's skin here and I
apologize if I have offended anybody, but let me point out a few
things.

1. I posted to this list because I know that many of the people that
actively show up to meetings read it. I also know that the board
members that I have actually met at meetings read this. As for the
others, I don't know who they are nor do I care since they appear to
be inactive anyway. At least 5 of the 9 listed board members
definitely read this list.

Contacting TPUG as Joe suggests does not appear to be a straight
forward operation. The website provides only one email address -
info@xxxxxxx - that I believe is not handled by anybody on the board
anyway. The way it is presented makes it look like an email address to
be used for generic membership queries from people that would be
interested in joining. Sure the volunteers page lists who all the
board members are, but there are no email addresses listed to be able
to contact anybody. Perhaps something like bod@xxxxxxx would be
prudent?

2. I know of at least 2 other people that have the same questions that
I do and I thought others would be interested to see the response.

3. I realize that everyone is a volunteer and we all have busy lives -
me too! That being said, timely response - even if it is just an
acknowledgment that people are thinking about it - is still important.
In fact, since we pay dues to TPUG it is absolutely necessary. I would
have thought that since TPUG behaves in such a bureaucratic fashion
that someone would have been assigned the job of dealing with email
like this.

Again, I'm looking forward to having a discussion about all this at the meeting.

--
Ian Colquhoun <icolquhoun@xxxxxxxxx>