[torontocbm] Re: Paradroid.

  • From: "Robin Harbron" <macbeth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 10:41:47 -0500

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:15:19 -0500
 <rob.adlers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>DTV review - albeit you can't always put the right set of games on there for
>EVERYONE, and there's licensing issues, etc. etc...

Yup.  Gamebase64 has over 16,500 games listed - for someone
to say what 30 games out of that selection *should* have
been on the DTV is totally silly, imo.  I've seen a lot of
comments like "doesn't have game X?  What a piece of crap".

Of course, people saying they wished game X was on there
is totally reasonable - I've got a long list of games I
wish we could have used.

Someone actually looked up the 30 games on the DTV and
found that nearly all of them are rated 7.0 or higher on
lemon64.com - that's pretty good.  Strangely, Sword of
Fargoal was the highest rated :)

>The only issue I've actually had with the DTV is the physical joystick
>itself. The direction handling is too fussy to make certain games (like
>Paradroid) playable.

Yes, I've got one like that (it was the first one I received)
and it was very disappointing.  I was glad they weren't all
like that.  Also fortunate, it's a pretty easy fix to make the
controls quite a bit better on those joysticks, if you don't
mind opening it up.  Just loosen the screw that holds the
white plastic 4-fingered piece to the shaft of the joystick,
so it has a bit of play.  It'll be less touchy after you do
that.