[torontocbm] FW: Prophet64 on a DTV? OFFICIAL PROPHET64.COM REPLY

  • From: "Rob Adlers" <rob.adlers@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Toronto CBM Users List" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:23:01 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: prophet64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:prophet64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of firestARTer
Sent: May 14, 2006 2:37 PM
To: prophet64@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [prophet64] Prophet64 on a DTV? OFFICIAL PROPHET64.COM REPLY

There has been alot of discussion about Prophet64 and the DTV lately, this
is the official reply from prophet64.com:

DTV compatibility has in fact quietly been on the Prophet64 agenda for
some time. Right now though, as you all probably understand, priority is
releasing the Cartridge edition. When things quite down a bit later (after
the summer), a DTV fix will be taken into account.

Since a cartridge port for the DTV is yet to be seen, the fix has to focus
on the free software editions for which development will be discontinued
after the Cartridge release (you'll understand why when you get to see the
cartridge apps!). A DTV add-on feature would then only be a minor fix and
not a full scale migration to the DTV-platform (unless of course the
DTV-manufacturer requests it, we'll might look into it).
Reports on this forum states that the DTV SID lacks filters which kind of
lowers the interest for the product as a target platform for music
applications. Drummer edition (not using filters) is an exception,
possibly the Mono Synthesizer too.

Needless to say, we do not want to see any third-person's additions of the
Prophet64 software. With such a huge amount of hard work put into this
program, we'd like to keep it our baby. Besides, quick & dirty fixes and
hacks would seriously degrade the quality level we try to uphold.
The Prophet64 is not released under any GNU license and has not and will
not release any of it's source code.

Until looking into the DTV, feel free to continue discussing the DTV in
the context of the Prophet64 on this forum. We'll collect your input later
on.

Stay tuned for the cartridge release. Sorry it has been delayed once again
but this time we're almost there. A final release date will be up very
shortly.

Best regards
prophet64.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/oWZylB/TM