[torontocbm] Re: Archives of 'Bits and Bytes' and 'The Academy'

  • From: "Mike Stein" <mhs.stein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 10:54:17 -0400

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up, Brad.

As noted, TVO has had some of the episodes up for quite a while but it's nice
to finally see someone put them all on line.

Golan had made a DVD set of the B&B episodes a couple of years ago and was
selling them to TPUG folks for a nominal amount, but he seems to have faded
from the scene.

What's different about the set currently available is that it also contains the
accompanying episodes of The Academy (with Jim Butterfield) and also the
sequel, Bits and Bytes II.

  On 2012-08-14, at 1:22 PM, "Rob Adlers" <rob.adlers@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Yeah, +1 here.

  --------------------------
  www.robadlers.com
  Sent via my Blackberry Bold 9900

  From: "Miraglia, Walter" <Walter.Miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  Sender: torontocbm-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 12:05:32 -0500
  To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  ReplyTo: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  I too would love a copy on DVD, would like to know the cost as well J
  Cheers. J  who remembers a series called FastForward they discussed computer
  Technology most likely circa 1980? Maybe?  David Stringer used to do segments
on it from what I recall.
  I saw him at active surplus a while ago, said hi, and that I thought he was
cool… J  he got a kick out of it.

  Walter Miraglia | Director of I.T. Edelman Canada
  Edelman | 150 Bloor Street West Suite 300 |  Toronto, Ontario M5S 2X9
  T 416.849.0848 | C 647.295.9840
  walter.miraglia@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Recognized as one of the…
  50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ 2011  |  Best Workplaces 2012 Canada