[tn-moths] Re: [ncsc-moths] 3172 Epiblema strenuana

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 16:14:55 -0400

According to Gilligan et al, the Epiblema strenuana is a complex of at
least two forms, strenuana and minutana, but no consensus whether they
represent distinct species.  Strenuana is larger, FWL:  5.5-8.5mm and
minutana smaller, FWL:  4.5-7.0.  That is not close to double a size
difference so it sounds like you definitely have two species.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm