[tn-moths] Re: Need ID

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:08:00 -0500

 I'm thinking Green Cloverworm Moth - Hodges#8465 (Hypena scabra) for the
little guy on the finger. The other one looks like a Yellow-striped Armyworm
Moth - Hodges#9669 (Spodoptera ornithogalli).

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City, TN

From: innisfreehorses@xxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] Need ID
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:58:14 -0500

Here are two similarly-marked moths.  The one on the fingertip is much smaller
than the other.  It was at porch light 11/24.
The other one was photographed in Aug, during the day.

What camera lens do people use for moth photography?  I'm hoping Santa will
bring me an appropriate one.

Jean Obrist
Bruner's Grove, TN
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/