[tn-moths] Re: I.D. help

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:30:45 -0500

Rich,

I gave 9496 a good looking over and think maybe. I also gave a close look at
Joe-Pye-Weed Borer - Hodges#9501 (Papaipema eupatorii) which isn't pictured in
BugGuide but is on Moth Photographers Group. Have you looked at 9501?

Thanks

Larry

From: Rdhealy1951@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:53:45 -0500
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: I.D. help
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Larry I believe it is 9496 Stalk Borer Moth (Papaipema nebris). Papaipema genus
come late in the season usually from early September to mid October.
Rich
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141664/direct/01/