[tn-moths] Re: Grammia

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:08:16 -0400

It's phyllira again: note the two large spots near the tornus of the HW and
also the black border on the OM near the apex of the HW. I also think the HW
color is too deeply rose for parthenice (could be wrong on that). I also
wonder whether the yellow-orange prothoracic scaling might indicate pyllira.
Finally Forbes points out that the pm band is straight in this species and
bent (angled) in virgo and parthenice Way cool.

Also I'll bet parthenice is a late summer moth for you. Forbes says there is
one Jun record from MN, otherwise the species occurs in August.

Hugh