[tn-moths] FW: Moths

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 04:56:20 -0400

From: davidduhl@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Moths
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:57:43 -0500

It's just an academic question. I went on line, and I didn't see anything else
like it. I'm satisfied, but here it is for posting. And as a reminder, I saw it
in Rutherford County, Tennessee and the only color was what you see.

Please let me know if any new ideas come up.

David

From: davidduhl@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 18:14:45 -0500

Thanks so much. I'm very excited about the Compacta capitalis ID. I've never
seen that one before.

But I'm still confused about the Cyncnia. I came up with the same genus, just
by comparison. Should I be concerned that the photos of C. oregonensis have a
yellow-orange body and my specimen did not?

David

From: davidduhl@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:43:36 -0500

You're right, it is overwhelming. I did not see these moths on your Flickr page.

I have no clue about #1632.
I would call # 1629 Cycnia tenera, but it doesn't have a yellow margin on the
wigs. In fact, it had no markings (on top or bottom) except what you see.

Thanks again for looking at these and for the web sites you showed me.

David

From: davidduhl@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Moths
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 20:53:41 -0500

Hello, Larry. I have images of two moths that I would like help identifying.
Richard Connors in Nashville suggested I contact you about it. I was wondering
if you would be kind enough to look at the images or to suggest a contact who
might do that or even a web site where I can get started.

Thanks

David