[tn-moths] FOYs Carter County

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BUTTERFLY NET <mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 11:58:54 -0400

I set up my moth sheet at the Roan Mountain Naturalist Rally on Friday, 5-7-10.
We had a couple dozen moth species along with some other interesting insects. I
will post more as I get the photos worked and IDs made. So far I've got

Common Spring Moth - Hodges#6261 (Heliomata cycladata)

Hemlock Angle - Hodges#6348 (Macaria fissinotata)

Four-spotted Angle - Hodges#6360 (Trigrammia quadrinotaria)

Canadian Melanolophia - Hodges#6620 (Melanolophia canadaria)

Black-dotted Ruddy Moth - Hodges#6711 (Thysanopyga intractata)

Azalea Sphinx - Hodges#7886 (Darapsa choerilus)

6360 and 7886 were first for me.

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City, TN