[tn-moths] Re: Caterpillar ID - Van Buren County

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 22:10:13 -0400

DJ,

That's a good question. We need to know for record keeping. Does anyone know
how BAMONA handles this? BugGuide lumps the caterpillars with adults. It is a
species record. I would like to hear what others think and an agreed upon
policy made. I think it makes sense to count a caterpillar as a FOY moth
record. It should be noted that it is a caterpillar.

Larry McDaniel

Johnson City,TN

Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:30:41 -0500
From: stanleydj@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tn-moths] Re: Caterpillar ID - Van Buren County

Are we using caterpillars for FOY sightings, if no moth has been seen?