[tn-moths] Re: Acronicta help needed

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:56:03 -0400

I would personally call the first increta, the second ovata and the third
haesitata, but I'm pretty sure LaFontaine and Wagner would call the first
ovata b/c of the brown reniform. I can't believe that two phenotypic traits
(the non ovate shape of the basal area and the dark triangle at the anal
angle) vary between species, while the third trait (brown reniform) doesn't.

Hugh