[TN-Butterflies] usda lep book

  • From: "Stephen Stedman" <SStedman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:23:12 -0600

Mu copy took about 10 days to arrive; it now resides on the short stack
of books that I keep next to my computer so I can refer to it whenever I
need a break from whatever I am working on.  It's a really fine book.  I
wish it had range maps, but otherwise I am pleased with it. Some folks
probably won't take kindly to the discussion about collecting insects,
but it makes sense to me.

I don't know how much the USDA spent to publish this book, but I am glad
I live in country that is willing to spend tax dollars on lep books.  I
doubt that it cost more than $50,000 to print up whatever number of
copies that were made, certainly a much better use of tax dollars than
any number of other tax-funded budget items that have been promulgated
over the past decade or so.  Three cheers for the USDA on this
particular use of taxes!

Steve Stedman

Cookeville (Putnam County)