  From: Bart Jones
  To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, August 31, 2009 11:14 PM
  Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Unknown moth

  Hi everyone,
  Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to moths (I'll turn to them when I
feel I've got the butterflies mastered), but occasionally one will catch my
attention because of its striking markings and/or coloration.  Saturday while
helping my nephew with a leaf collection for school in Decatur County, we came
upon this moth.  It was the most beautiful butterscotch and praline color you
could imagine.  I have no idea where to even begin to ID this.  I did peruse
the Dalton State site, but really couldn't find anything that looked like it.
Any help would be appreciated, just to satisfy my curiosity.

  Thanks,
  Bart Jones
  Memphis, Shelby County

  Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
Facebook. Find out more.