[TN-Butterflies] Unknown moth

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:14:52 -0500

Hi everyone,

Normally I don't pay a lot of attention to moths (I'll turn to them when I feel
I've got the butterflies mastered), but occasionally one will catch my
attention because of its striking markings and/or coloration.  Saturday while
helping my nephew with a leaf collection for school in Decatur County, we came
upon this moth.  It was the most beautiful butterscotch and praline color you
could imagine.  I have no idea where to even begin to ID this.  I did peruse
the Dalton State site, but really couldn't find anything that looked like it.
Any help would be appreciated, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks,

Bart Jones

Memphis, Shelby County

Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on
Facebook.
http://windowslive.com/Campaign/SocialNetworking?ocid=PID23285::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_SB_facebook:082009