[TN-Butterflies] Mourning Cloak in Hamilton Co

  • From: schottbirds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: TN-Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 04:55:41 +0000 (UTC)

Reflection Riding
Hamilton Co.

Tuesday before the heavy rains came, I had a chance to walk at Reflection
Riding and a Mourning Cloak finally landed close enough for a photo.
Unfortunately, it landed behind me at my heels so I went through contortions to
snap it.

Great Spangled Fritillaries were everywhere. Also photographed a Clouded or
Orange Sulphur (ahem -- not committing) and a female Juvenal's Duskywing
(possibly).

Susan Schott
Chattanooga