[TN-Butterflies] Monarch Migration in Tennessee

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-moths-bounce TN Moth Group <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:39:25 -0500

Hello, all,

I've been asked to write a story for the *Tennessee Conservationist* about
fall Monarch migration in Tennessee. Please send me your stories if you have
seen any Monarch masses coming through. A woman told me she saw hundreds
roosting in trees at Lake Tansi near Crossville one fall. That kind of
thing. Names, dates and locations are important, but doesn't have to be
exact. Habitat description and butterfly behavior would be good.

This has to have a Tennessee focus! Thanks!

Rita Venable, Franklin, TN
Williamson County