[TN-Butterflies] Re: Little Yellow

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 18:09:09 -0700 (PDT)

The Kaufman guide says "...in open areas with weedy understory, such as
roadsides and fields" which fits where I see them perfectly. There are times
here when they are more common than the 4 species you mentioned but over the
course of the entire season I'll see more Orange Sulphurs and Cloudless
Sulphurs. Clouded Sulphurs are only common here during spring and Sleepy
Oranges
are never common in my immediate area. I did see large numbers of Sleepies last
year in another part of Chester County about 10 miles from where I live so it
really depends on where you look.

 Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County