[TN-Butterflies] Little Yellow

  • From: Rita Venable <ritavenable@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 17:56:20 -0500

I have yet to find a field guide that does not describe the Little Yellow
habitat as dry and sandy (Okay, I just found one, Butterflies of the
Carolinas). Ditto that they are common in the Southeast. First of all, I do
not always find them in dry sandy areas in Middle TN, plus they are not as
common as Orange Sulphurs, Clouded Sulphurs, Sleepy Orange and Cloudless
Sulphurs here.

Is it the same in your area (East & West TN, Plateau)? I am curious to see
if you see them abundantly/commonly and if you find them in dry, sandy
areas.