[TN-Butterflies] Last First

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 12:59:23 -0500

Interesting BAMONA info from Steve Stedman.  Glad someone is out there prodding
us all to fill in the gaps for Tennessee.  There certainly must be many more
that need to be addressed  in the near future.  Congratulations also to Steve,
who has now become the first to prompt our thinking about the last first.  Now
who will be the second?   Personally, I'd like to see how long this discussion
will last.   ;-)

By the way, for those discussing gardens, I have two bountiful butterfly bushes
in my front yard.  Both have been covered for days now with dozens and dozens
of butterflies, mostly huge numbers of Sachem and Silver-spotted Skippers, but
many others as well.  It seems to be a most active time for getting out and
looking for interesting 'flies.

Doug Downs
Sparta, White County, TN