[TN-Butterflies] Help identifying a Cloudywing

  • From: Avian Pursuits Nature Tours <naturetours@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 13:13:49 -0700 (PDT)

Last weekend, I made a trip to north central Alabama and photographed the
following Cloudywing sp.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/avian_pursuits/3523374996/

I'm fairly certain it is not a Southern, as the white spots are not as strong
as expected for that species this time of year, and it does not show an obvious
white area at the bend of the antennal club. Any ideas on whether it can be
differentiated from the other two cloudywings?

 David Trently
Avian Pursuits Nature Tours
...come see the real world!
Knoxville, TN