[TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Chester County

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 04:44:18 -0700 (PDT)

With the help of Jason Roberts through Michael, these moths have been ID'd as
Soybean Looper Moths, Pseudoplusia includens. This species is very similar to
the Common Looper Moth, Autographa precationis. Both species may be flying
together.

For now, Soybean Loopers are only listed for Chester County on BAMONA. Since
they seem to be especially common this year, it would be a great chance to get
them listed for many more counties in TN. If you spot one when you're out
looking for butterflies in the next few weeks, please snap a shot and submit it
to Jason, even though it's only a lowly moth.

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

From: kjchilds
Date: 9/30/2009 4:27:01 PM
To: TN Butterflies
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Chester County

There's a dayflying moth that is all over right now. They're feeding on just
about any flower with a count of 5 to 15 at a time on my Lantana bush. I see
them every year but never in numbers like I'm seeing now. Is anyone else seeing
these?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_0706.jpg

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field.