[TN-Butterflies] Re: FOY for Chester County

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:26:49 -0700 (PDT)

I forgot to put Carolina Satyr on the list. Before the recent rains, they were
very common. Now that the rains have stopped, they've almost completely
disappeared.

I saw the Ocola again today and another one in Henderson. The library there has
a nice patch of purple asters as part of their landscaping and they were full
of 'flies.

There's a dayflying moth that is all over right now. They're feeding on just
about any flower with a count of 5 to 15 at a time on my Lantana bush. I see
them every year but never in numbers like I'm seeing now. Is anyone else seeing
these?

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_0706.jpg

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN