[TN-Butterflies] FOY for Chester County

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Butterflies <TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 13:53:53 -0800 (PST)

Spotted today, 3/7/2008, by Ken Childs:
Variegated Fritillary
Orange Sulphur females x 2

I saw 7 butterflies today but only 3 stopped long enough for a positive ID. Of
the types I'm not sure of, one was a QM/Comma type, another was probably a
Snout and one was medium-small and brown and was caught in a 20 MPH gust of
wind so I have no idea what it was.

The other may have been a male Clouded or Orange Sulphur. I was chasing it and
snapped a few shots on the run. This is a huge crop of a moving target so the
quality is terrible. The shade of yellow had me leaning towards a Clouded but
when I saw the photo, the orange blob has has me leaning towards an Orange. Any
thoughts on what this is would be appreciated.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p193/kjchilds/IMG_5811.jpg

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County

http://www.finishflagfarms.com

The FAQ can be found by logging in at
//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi/l=tn-butterflies

Please report any abuse or questions about this list to:
kjchilds@xxxxxxxxxx

Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
tn-butterflies-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe'
in the Subject field.