[TN-Butterflies] Re: Another good year for Gulf Fritillaries

  • From: Bart Jones <bjones7777@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ken Childs <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>, <tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:49:47 -0500

Hey Ken,
Yes, seems like the Gulfs have exploded over the past couple of weeks.  I saw
quite a few in Decatur County last weekend and lots at Eagle Lake and Sunk Lake
the weekends before that.  I'm seeing several flying through my yard every day
in the city.

Bart Jones
Memphis, Shelby County

Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:05:05 -0700
From: kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TN-Butterflies] Another good year for Gulf Fritillaries
To: TN-Butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Their numbers have been building all summer long and for the past week or so, I
hasn't been unusual to see 15 to 20 at a time feeding on my Lantana bush. Is
anyone seeing numbers like this?

Ken Childs
Henderson, TN
Chester County