[TN-Bird] winter guests still here, spring newcomers

  • From: Charlie <cmmbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Bird <TN-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 07:36:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi folks,

As I stare up from the computer for a moment, I note that the lone
White-crowned Sparrow and several Purple Finches are still hanging
around our Blount County yard.  A couple American Goldfinches are
getting spots of bright yellow.

Wednesday morning I heard my first Louisiana Waterthrush of the year
at Tremont (Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Blount County).

Common Grackles and Red-winged Blackbirds seem to be quite common
around southern and eastern Blount County lately.  Flocks of Cedar
Waxwings seem to be a bit less easy to come by than they were through
most of the winter, and the flocks I've seen recently seem to be
smaller, too.

Charlie