[TN-Bird] Re: adult Bald Eagles

  • From: Gary Baumgardner <baumgrdner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 15:07:37 -0500 (EST)

Hiwasse Refuge
Birchwood, Tn
12/3/11
Today We saw 3 adult Bald Eagles at Hiwassee Refuge. One Bald Eagle flew down
to the ground ,and picked up nesting material,
then flew across the water holding sticks with his feet. Two other adult Bald
Eagles flew over. Last but not least we saw one Whooping Crane among many
Sandhill Cranes. Also saw geese, gulls, and herons.
At the Cherokee Removal site we saw one adult Bald Eagle sitting in a tree top.
I watched a deer swim the chanel, and get out on the other side.
Susan Baumgardner
Knox, co.