[TN-Bird] Yard Birds

  • From: featherbrain@xxxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:14:03 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
I've finally gotten some fairly good yard birds! I've been looking at all
these posts with all sorts of birds, especially warblers, and have been
jealous that I haven't gotten any good yard birds. Well, today I finally
got out and started searching around. I walked along our driveway looking
for some birds, nothing but cardinals. I crossed our creek, which is where
I started finding some good birds. I saw a Nashville Warbler, a lifer for
me. I walked on a little further to find 2 Magnolia,1 Chestnut-sided, and
a Yellow-breasted Chat. I had done a full loop around our trails, with
nothing much seen. I decided to take another loop to see if there was
anything else. I found another Magnolia, and a possible MOURNING WARBLER.
The bird was low in the brush by the creek, possibly heading to take a
bath, it had a yellowish tint to its body, a little light grayish head
with no eye ring. It looked very similar to the picture on this web site.
http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i6790id.html
Any comments would be appreciated.
Thanks,
David Hollie