[TN-Bird] White Ibis-Lawrence County

  • From: tnbarredowl@xxxxxxx
  • To: tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:45:55 -0400

Yesterday (6/29) afternoon, my uncle called my dad to report some unusual birds
on his farm pond.  He described the birds as large, brown birds, white bellies
and a long curved bill.  My dad went to check them out and found 5 immature
White Ibis at the pond.  My uncle said that about 40 of the birds had flown
over his farm, but only 5 stopped at the pond.  The others continued flying
south.  I went by his farm today and he said the 5 birds left around 7:30
yesterday evening, heading north.  His farm is in Loretto, in southern Lawrence
County.

Damien Simbeck
Killen, AL