[TN-Bird] White Ibis - Yuchi Refuge

  • From: "Scott Somershoe" <Scott.Somershoe@xxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-birds" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 13:53:26 -0500

I received a call from one of our managers at Yuchi Refuge (Rhea Co., north of
Dayton) that there was a pair of immature White Ibis on one of the shallow
water pools this morning.  I don't know the exact location of the pool, but
there is basically only one road through the refuge that ends at the river.
There might be some other goodies out there!

Here is an abbreviated link to the Yuchi Refuge site account on the TN
Watchable Wildlife web site if you are not familiar with the location.

Good birding!
Scott Somershoe

State Ornithologist
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency